We are proud to partner with The Irish Printing Federation and Design Print & Packaging Skillnet to provide the industry with a funded pathway programme to develop the human talent needed to drive the industry forward in the Republic of Ireland.
The goal of developing a training solution in the aftermath of the now lost Print Apprenticeship in Ireland has been a challenging one. Over the last number of years most of the training expertise has been lost as well as the training infrastructure that supported the apprenticeship. This programme draws on the vast print training experience of BPIF Training and the financial training supports afforded to the sector through the Design Print & Packaging Skillnet.
The Programme will be available to all Irish Printing Federation Members, with the first trainees commencing in September 2023.
The Course will
- Run over 2 years
- Delivered through on-line tutor led classes
- Working with the trainees and the companies
- Requiring involvement from the trainees companies
- Provide an accredited level 3 equivalent qualifications
- Initial intake for September 2023 of 20 trainees
The course will be delivered in the following modules
- Understanding Working Practices in the Print working
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities in the Processing and Manufacturing Industries
- Understanding how to contribute to improving the effectiveness of the Print Company
- Understanding how to promote and monitor Health and Safety in the Print working environment
- Understanding how to manage Print Finishing Machines
- Understanding how to manage Print Machines
- Understanding Digital Printing
- Understanding Digital Artwork
- GOOD MANUFACTURING PRACTICE
- Masterclasses to provide additional real life experience and insights
The overarching aim is that the job specific or machine specific training will be delivered by each company in their own premises and the programme will provide each trainee with a greater context, understanding and the approaches to enable them to better contribute within the production environment.
The programme is intended to provide the foundational knowledge required of a Print Media Technician. The ambition is that Further future training programme will be able to build on this to provide our industry with the skilled talent required for future success.
To register your interest for the first intake, please visit the DPP Skillnet website