Our Signage Technician Apprenticeship covers the design, manufacture, fabricate and installation of signage including
- vehicle signage including wraps
- post mounted signage including road signage, directional, traffic signs, gantry signs
- building signage for example, entry & exit signs, health and safety signs, fascia signs, window signs and manifestations
- freestanding signs and displays including pavement signs and exhibition displays
With a typical duration of 24 months, designed to support skills development for signage businesses who supply signage products and services to a wide range of customers, the signage technician apprenticeship covers a variety of core skills including:
- Reviewing the customer brief and undertaking site surveys
- Organising signage work activities, ensuring machinery, tools, equipment, materials and work-space are available and resolve any issue
- Preparing signage illustrations, costings and quotes.
- Designing signage using graphic design software (Computer Aided Design).
- Preparing pre-fabrication files and instructions for signage production and manufacture.
- Manufacturing signs using machinery, equipment and/or tools.
- Perform finishing operations on signs. For example, trimming, cleaning and adding fixing features such as eyelets, hinges and brackets.
- Conducting quality assurance checks and rectify or report issues.
If you’re interested in this apprenticeship, the next step is to get in touch and we will work out the best programme for your organisation.