The all clear is given to the apprenticeship standard Level 2 print operative
BPIF Training are excited to announce that we are now able to deliver the Level 2 Print Operative Standard. Delivered over 2 years, this apprenticeship provides the foundation for a young person to start their career in print.
The apprentice will learn core knowledge, skills, and behaviours necessary for any print environment as well as specialising in one of three route ways;
- Pre-press: where the apprentice will be responsible for receiving customer files and preparing them for printing. They will also produce customer proofs, plates, cylinders, screens, and electronic files.
- Press: where the apprentice will learn to set up the printing press and check materials against work instructions as well as inspecting output and reporting any issues. They will also be responsible for cleaning the print machinery, preparing work for the next department, and performing basic maintenance.
- Post-press: where the apprentice will set up finishing equipment, checking materials against work instructions. They will also be responsible for loading materials into the finishing machine, preparing work for the next department and performing basic maintenance.
The print operative apprenticeship standard supports occupations in the print and graphics communication sector and may be found in printing, packaging, creative and design industries. This can include:
- Magazines, newspapers, books, and posters
- Cartons, packaging, signs, and banners
- Personal gifting such as calendars, photo books and greeting cards
- Functional printing onto materials other than paper, such as plastics, electronic circuits, textiles, and a wide range of other materials
- Physical printed security products such as passports, ID cards, bank notes and credit cards.
BPIF Training are now able to take starts for the qualification now. Whether you have current staff who are looking to retrain into the production area or if you are looking to recruit for a new role we can help.
There is still the opportunity to take advantage of the apprenticeship incentives of up to £4000
Get in touch today for more information on the apprenticeship standard, or how the apprenticeship incentives might be able to support your organisation.